Benefits of Organic Coffee
Health is wealth and as we all put many efforts to maintain a healthy diet, it is also essential to look into the type of coffee we intake, as it has many impacts on our health. Organic coffee is the way to go today!
Tips to Make A Perfectly Healthy Cup of Coffee:
- Sugar, the sweetening agent, because of high content of fructose is the main culprit for many diseases like obesity and diabetes. Try to avoid stuffing your coffee with this negative ingredient and make each sip healthy.
- Also try avoiding artificial sweeteners and try having unsweetened natural coffee that is healthy.
- Elude low fat and artificial creamers and try having black coffee for delighting flavor.
- Choose quality organic brand and add on some cinnamon to enhance the flavor of your cup. Cinnamon is known for its property of lowering blood glucose, cholesterol, triglycerides in diabetes.
- Cocoa with its antioxidant properties when added to a cup of coffee will not only amplify the taste but also reduces the risk of heart disease. Make sure to use unsweetened cocoa to keep up a healthy diet.
- Always filter your brew coffee as it contains harmful substances like diterpenes that increases cholesterol levels in blood. Paper filters acts effectively as it eliminates diterpenes leaving the caffeine pass through. Make sure to use unbleached paper filter as bleached papers have many chemicals than ruins our healthy cup of coffee.
Species of Organic Coffee:
Two main species of Coffee based on their region of harvesting are:
- Coffee Arabica – It is one of the most widely used, a superior quality species coming from Arabia, Eastern Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
- Coffee Canephora – Also known as Robusta coming from central and western Africa.
- It protects against cancer, diabetes, neurodegenerative diseases.
- It improves heart health, asthma control and physical performance.
- It fights depression and boost your mood
- It increases metabolism, energy and concentration
- Organic coffee lowers the risk of gastrointestinal diseases.
- Makes you smarter by increasing memory.
- It helps in migraine relief.
Apart from health benefits, organic coffee also helps in maintaining biotic environment and a healthy ecosystem. It provides a toxin free stay for small birds and insects. It gives a pollution free environment as they include no chemicals in growing, processing and packaging. They are also used for personal care in form of a body scrub to maintain healthy skin.